Friday, February 16, 2007

Sorry to Blog and Run...

It's been a busy week...and it's not quite over yet. We had a snow day on Wednesday so the girls (and Rick) were home on Valentine's Day. I wish I could say it was a nice, happy, calm day but it seemed like the girls were on edge all day - might've had something to do with seeing all that snow (that we have been deprived of so far this year) and yet not being able to go out and play in it because it was so FREAKIN' cold! It was windy as all get out and at times the "snow" was actually coming down in sheets of SLEET so it was not a pleasant day to go out and play in the white stuff. Bummer. And it means that we do not have packing snow AT ALL (it's actually so hard the girls can pretty much walk on it and not break through very often at all) so we can't even go make a snowman now that the storm has passed. Blah. So, basically things were a bit rough on Valentine's Day because the girls could not play well together - ugh. In the afternoon I popped some popcorn and then we all went downstairs and watched "Dreamer" together - cute movie. Not one the girls would have picked to watch on their own but it was a nice to watch it together as a family and they did enjoy it.

Yesterday was the delayed Valentine's Celebrations at school and the girls brought home plenty of cute Valentine's cards as well as the usual slew of candy that goes along with that. They've been on quite the sugar high! In the afternoon, I got to baking the cupcakes for R to bring into school for her birthday celebration. Since she has requested a frog themed party for Saturday I decided to make the classroom cupcakes in the same theme. Here's the birthday girl with mom's froggy creations!


In case anyone was wondering - the eyes are made with those white candies that they sell for melting and pouring into molds and a chocolate chip for the center and then I used shoestring licorice for the mouth.

Tomorrow is R's 7th birthday - SEVENTH? Yikes. That means she is more than half-way to becoming a teenager?! Oy. And I'm already seeing signs of teenaged attitude...maybe she's getting it out of her system early? (Shut up. Leave me to my delusions.) She has invited some friends from her class for an afternoon froggy party. I just pulled the cake out of the oven and once it's cooled I can get to the frosting and decorating part. A is off on a playdate with a friend and she actually has a Valentine party to attend this afternoon (postponed due to that dratted snow). So, it's just me and E for today and I'm busy with party prep and getting this house cleaned. (Why do I bother? It will be ransacked by a bunch of 6- and 7-year-olds tomorrow anyway...). I'll be happy when tomorrow afternoon is over and done with. I know R will have fun but I'm already getting party burnout from the last couple of weeks of gathering all the "stuff" and making all the preparations.

And speaking of burning out....I have been keeping up with my exercising this week and the eating has been going pretty well. I did Burn it Up on Monday and Tuesday but on Wendesday I tried to do the workout and practically fell flat on my face. I could NOT. Move. My. Muscles. No way, no how. I was in burn out mode, I think. I stopped the workout after 15 minutes then went to bed early and CRASHED mightily. I guess my body was saying "ENOUGH!" But, I jumped back in last night and it went MUCH better, so I feel like I'm still on track. I just need to give my body more breaks and not follow the schedule that comes with the workout program - they do say "listen to your body" so I'll go at my own pace and I'm sure I'll still see the results. It will just take a little longer and that is fine.

OK, so I've gotta run now. I will be back after the party with pictures of the festivities
to share!

Have a good one!

2 comments:

Karyn said...

Martha. On. Crack.

You are phenomenal! Love the cupcakes. There is no way the girl can be seven; didn't you just announce that you were expecting her a few weeks ago??? What the hell?

*hugs*

TuxBaby said...

LOVE the cupcakes!!!! I better not let D see that pic, or he'll be wanting some TODAY! lol

~TuxBaby