Sunday, February 18, 2007

It Felt Like a Hangover....

Good Lord! I think I've shied away from the sugary treats a bit too long! (If that is, in fact, possible). Either that, or my body is indicating in a rather unfortunate way that I'm getting old.

I went a bit overboard on the sweets yesterday at Rebecca's party. There were all kinds of tempting junk foods and plenty of sugary sweets hanging around and I figured I would take one afternoon to indulge a bit. Apparently, my body has decided that sugar is the enemy and it was not going to take nicely to a bit of chocolate, or cake, or frosting passing my lips to travel straight to my hips. It decided to revolt. A couple of hours after the candles were blown out on the cake and the kiddies had all been sent home my head started to ache...then it started to pound and my muscles were doing their fair share of aching (lest the head have all the fun) and I felt like crap all evening. I tried ibuprofen and it dulled it enough to take R out for a birthday dinner but after dinner the headache came back with a vengence and I had it went I went to sleep. No fun at all.

Oh, and I won't go into the gory details but suffice it to say that at one point my intestines decided to join in on the fun of reminding me that I am not a kid anymore and that sugar is now my sworn enemy.

It was evil.

And it was all because of a little bit of birthday fun - and way less fun that I normally would've indulged in! My body is just not used to eating that way and it wanted to let me know in no uncertain terms that it was not pleased with my choices.

Tonight was the dinnertime birthday celebration with my in-laws (yeah, it somehow ends up being a birthday "weekend" around here! LOL) and my MIL brought along the cake. I did not want to be completely left out of the celebration so I took a tiny sliver of cake and about a quarter-scoop of ice cream. So far my body is not in meltdown mode and I'm trying to decide if I can muster up the energy to do my workout (that was neglected the last two nights - Friday because of party prep and Saturday because of the killer headache). It's probably the evil sugar talking, but I'm thinking I'd better pass for today and plan for a healthy tomorrow that does not include cake or ice cream and that does involve some level of sweating and cursing (at the too-chipper wench lady on the exercise video. Not at the kids...I hope...).

Sugar and I used to be this || close - what happened?

1 comment:

Karyn said...

Jeanne, you're scaring me.

This goes to show - never. EVER. Swear off the sweet stuff.

Yikes.