Saturday, February 17, 2007

Anatomy of a Birthday Party

My baby - this one...


...had a birthday today.


Baby?...yeah...not so much anymore. Sigh. She'll be my 'baby' forever, though. How the heck did the last SEVEN years fly by so quickly? I honestly cannot recall life without my kids - it's as if that life belongs to someone else entirely. I was putting the balloons in place today and the smell of the latex reminded me of the time - long, long ago - when I worked for "The Balloon Lady" (and babysat for her two boys). I was just a teen in high school at the time and the memory just seemed to belong to another life! How can I be the mom to a seven-year-old?

Happy Birthday, 'baby' girl!! (well, officially at 11:10pm tonight...)

As I said before R wanted to have a "frog" themed party this year. So, of course I went all out with the theme...and well...here are the pictures to show you how things went.

Hoppy Birthday cake...


Presents galore (and special request "Gorilla Munch" cereal for birthday breakfast)

Decorations (including frog faces on the green party plates!)


Sign for the front door to greet the guests.

Plenty of friends to help celebrate the day!

Can't have a party without silly hats (which served as a fun craft activity to boot!)

More presents (opened while still wearing the silly hats!)

The Party Planner...

...and her Trusty Assistant!

I think she enjoyed her special day - and it's not quite over. We are off to have a special birthday dinner at Friendly's (her choice!).

Have a good one!

2 comments:

TuxBaby said...

Again- I LOVE your cake!!! Cute frog!

I'm glad she (and everyone) had a great time! And yes... just how DID our babies turn SEVEN!???

~TuxBaby

Karyn said...

Wicked. Cute. Frogs - cake to hat!

All y'all look great btw.