Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Let's Get this Snow on the Road....

And headed in some other direction!

It's nearly March and although I know the saying about March coming in like a Lion, I'm not really wanting there to be much truth to that old saying this year. I could be quite content with a March that does not change it's persona. I very much like lambs - heck, I like sheep, too. My dear friend S can attest to that - as can my Irish cousins who took me out into the fields to chase after (and attempt to photograph up-close and personal) a bunch of their flock. That was when I was visiting during my exchange year to Denmark and a few weeks after I returned to Denmark I received a note from my cousin, Eugene. In it was a picture of one of the sheep lounging on a hillside and staring off into the distance. The inscription on the back read "Geraldine misses you very much." Smartass. But, a cute Irish smartass, so he is forgiven.

So where was I? Oh yeah, March. Spring is supposedly not far away. But, this week we are seeing more snow than we have all the rest of the winter combined. At least it feels that way and I'm probably not too far off the mark on that one since it's been a rather boring winter when it comes to snow. Not that I'm complaining much mind you. I just wish that since the snow decided not to make an appearance this year that it would just mosey along to some other clime and leave us alone until next year. I mean, really. What's the point of getting snow now? The stuff doesn't last long this time of year and just serves as a general nuisance. Yup. I'd like to tell that snow where to go right about now. And let's not even talk about the ice/sleet prediction for Friday. I am just hoping that the weathermen are dead wrong (as usual) and we get plain Jane rain that will just clear away the rest of this white stuff and allow us to move right along into spring.

Is that too much to ask?

Blah. Blah. Blah. (hands over ears to avoid hearing your smart alec response)

Besides this snow is really starting to cramp my style. I've been getting my workouts in by doing my exercise videos and getting on my dreadmill but I really enjoy the morning walks with Lauri. It's nice to have a workout buddy to talk to and to help keep up the pace when you are feeling draggy. And it's great for some adult conversation before I begin my day with the kiddos. But, the weather has, of late, been a deterrent to our morning walk schedule. We are hoping to get out tomorrow morning for the first time this week. Of course with that dratted weather forecast we will likely be snow/sleeted out of our walk again by Friday. So, it'll be back to the grind with the dreadmill or the videos in that case.

And not only is the snow/sleet creating issues for my exercise schedule but it may also put a cramp in my travel plans. A few days ago I had the brilliant idea (shut up. I am capable of a brilliant idea...even two on a really good day!) of taking a family road trip somewhere on Saturday. My initial thoughts were to drive into Boston for the day and go to the Museum of Science or the Children's Museum. But, if we get hit with a sizable storm on Friday the travel may or may not be pleasant on Saturday morning. Only time will tell. In the meantime, this "planner" has to sit back and wait to find out if the weathermen are just making up a bunch of hooey or not. I am, shall we say, not pleased. But, I'll live. And maybe we can still get out to Boston on Saturday. Either way - life will go on and I know we'll find something to do to amuse ourselves this weekend. Barring any head injuries we could always try for a trip to the indoor pool again.

No comments: