Saturday, February 10, 2007

In Which I Manage to Get Off My Lazy Ass...

Today was pretty slothful overall, but I did get some cupcakes baked for the bake sale at church (cookies just seemed too time consuming - what with the multiple batches to go in and out of the oven...). I frosted them after the kids were in bed and drew little hearts on each one with that gel-writer-frosting-stuff that comes in a tube.

After I finished the cupcake chore I went downstairs and forced myself to do day 6 of the Slim in 6 program (still working on the 'phase 2' workout called "Ramp it Up"). Tomorrow is my rest day - which is a good thing because I won't find much time to exercise given the fact that it's church day and Rick and I have date-night scheduled. I am finding that the evenings are the easiest time to get the exercise chore completed. And even when I'm tired and don't feel like it I find that once I get it over and done with I feel so much better. Funny how that works. ;-) So, I completed my first full week of "Ramp it Up" and if I follow the recommended schedule I am supposed to do another full week of that workout. However, I'm finding that I am actually getting through that 45-minute workout without too much difficulty at this point. After my rest day tomorrow I'm going to jump right into "Burn it Up" on Monday. It's a 60-minute program, which may very well burn my ass to smithereens, but I'm willing to give it a shot anyway. I can always revert back to "Ramp it Up" on Tuesday if I feel like it's too much, too soon.

Time to go relax on the couch with Rick and work on my knitting (still working on a pair of socks that seems to be taking forever because I am not finding much time to knit these days...).

2 comments:

TuxBaby said...

Keep up the great exercising, Jeanne! I'm excited for you!

I hear ya on the CMAD getting a bit ignored!! I've found that my crafts have been set aside more since I started "the X" because some nights, I don't have time to work out until the evening too- and so that cross-stitching time gets shoved aside!

I do need to find a better balance... with the INTERNET being less of that balance, for sure!

~TuxB

Jeanne Tuthill said...

Yep - I need to get off the computer more often and use that time productively! But, I also find that I get a lot of inspiration, support and friendship here online so I can't ever give it up completely. No way. No how.

How did we ever live before the internet? I mean...really!