Sunday, February 04, 2007

A quiet moment...

The older girls are watching an "Arthur" dvd and the youngest was acting psychotic so I plunked her in her crib with her paci and she is happy to play in there....go figure. Guess we all need a few moments of solitude now and again. I know I do.

Rick is being the good husband and is off doing the grocery shopping. (Thanks, hon!) My hip is still being irksome and so he's trying to help me rest it for now. I did well all morning at church but by lunchtime it had started to twinge and then it was aching up a storm by early afternoon. I took some ibuprofen and stuck a heat pack on it to warm up the muscle and one or both took the edge off for now. Here's hoping I don't need to go for another adjustment before this bout of sciatica clears up. I'm so sick of dealing with the damn hip at random intervals!! It is so frustrating, particularly when I tried something new like the workout video I did before this recent flare up and then I get sidelined because my hip can't handle it. It really makes a body feel old, ya know?

Speaking of feeling old, I have been doing some internet searches to try to find other "old folks" like myself who apparently have an evil milestone fast approaching. I managed to find a couple of fellow grads and passed along whatever information I could glean from websites and online articles to the appropriate coordinators. I think I've tracked down about three people and we now have about 50 graduates that have been "found"....out of over 400. There's lots more work to do, obviously. One of the coordinators emailed me her current list of "finds" and I saw a name I recognized on the list and asked her to forward that person my email. A short while later I got an email from "Sue" and got caught up on the basics of her life over the last 15 or so years since we last spoke. It was great to hear from her and I hope we can reconnect and perhaps get together when I am visiting my hometown again. (I could even invite her to join Karyn and me when we have breakfast at our usual hangout!)

Other than that, not a whole lot going on. We won't be watching the "big game" tonight - heck, the only reason that I even know it's Superbowl weekend is because the Youth Group held their annual "Soup-er Bowl Sunday" fundraiser. The youth collect money in big soup pots as people are leaving church and they decide where to send the money. They collected over $300 this morning ($100 more than they collected last year!) and will be sending it to a local shelter.

Rick just got home from the grocery store and the girls movie just ended so my quiet time has come to an end. Time to go figure out what's for dinner and get the girls started on their evening clean-up routine. Have a good one!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Sure. Don't even think of inviting me!!! (JUST KIDDING!!)
Sorry to hear about the sciatica. I thought I had that, but my chiro confirmed it is a "tilted sacrum"..and boy of boy does it HURT. I sympathize.
Love
S&O

Jeanne Tuthill said...

ROFL, S! That's just my sneaky way of ensuring she'll actually come next time. Heh.

Yeah, so she was "sick" last time. Well, she's gonna need to be on her death bed if she doesn't show up next time.

I'm just saying...