Friday, August 11, 2006

Well, lookie there

I managed to add all my links to the sidebar without incident. When I told Rick that I had been having trouble doing that the last time I tried using blogger and I wasn't sure I'd be able to handle the HTML garbledeegook he said "I think I can teach you in less than 15 minutes enough about HTML to make you dangerous." He may have suceeded in doing just that (and in only about 5 minutes). Heh.

Watch out Blogger, here comes trouble Jeanne!

And just now he helped me figure out how to do that nifty strike-out text that I keep seeing everywhere. I am beginning to think that HTML isn't so scary after all. In fact, it kind of reminds me of the olden days and using DOS - gosh, I feel so old.

And I changed the boring heading from "Links" to "Places I like to visit"! I'm so clever!

And....and...and............

Ok, so what other nifty things do I need to know about? Anyone want to share their favorite super-secret codes with me? I know that would mean they aren't really 'super-secret' anymore, but I can keep a secret. I promise! ;-)

Hmmm...how would I add my "book list" like I have on the MSN blog. Anyone?

Time to get some breakfast for the girls.

I'll come back and play later.

3 comments:

Karyn said...

Ok now look, you swiped my map thingy - how do you do the strikeout thing? It is a mystery to me and up to now I was determined to figure it out but today is the day I totally surrender and give up so - how do you do that? LOL.

I want to know how to make the book thing too. Anyone?

Jeanne Tuthill said...

So you noticed, eh? I want to see if I can get an Africa hit before you do! HA HA!

I need to email you the directions for the strikeout because it won't let me put those HTML codes in this message!

TuxBaby said...

Hey- email me that strike-out thing too!! For the life of me, I haven't figured that one out.

As for the book thing- you could go to your old MSN homepage, go to "view" on the top menu and then to "source" in the pull-down menu (if you use MIE)- and you can see the HTML code for your page. Now the hard part is to pick your way through it all to figure out what is what- and once you do, maybe you could just copy/paste the code and see if blogspot likes it (or not)? I've done that to add in things to my sidebar, but seriously- I think I'm at that point where I know just enough HTML to do damage, rather than be dangerous. lol

~TUxB