Thursday, August 10, 2006

Getting the hang of it

I've added my photo to my profile and I am slowly working towards adding my "frequently visited friend's and friendly blog sites" and I even got my first comment from Kristen (Hi!) which was very cool. :-) I think I'm gonna like it here (ok, now that song from "Annie" is running through my head)!

I'm going out tonight for a much-needed dinner out with my "mommy group" friends. We've been together - albiet sporadically for a while now - since our firstborn children were....well...nearly first born! There will be five us getting together for dinner and drinks (out of a possible seven). With vacations as crazy as they are in the month of August I am impressed we managed to get that many of us in one place at one time! I'm feeling tired and worn out today - and not exactly feeling festive - but there is no way I'm missing out on this rare treat so I'm going to enjoy myself even if it kills me. ;-)

But first, I must get dinner ready for the kids. Rick will grab something for himself later. Right now he is doing some painting in our bedroom (we put our bedroom addition on about 7 years ago and are just now getting around to finishing the trim work and painting of said trim - egads) so I agreed to get the kids dinner before I leave. That way he can make some progress on the painting and get it done early enough so that we won't have to sleep in the fumes from the paint tonight.

So, off I go. I will do more editing on my sidebars later.

No comments: