Friday, August 11, 2006

Showing off my girls!

I brought Miss E. in for her 9-month portraits a couple of weeks ago. The first attempt was a disaster - she was fussy and cranky so we didn't get any really great pics AND there were techincal difficulties that made the pictures look washed out. So, we rescheduled and the lady at the studio gave me three free portrait sheets for my troubles.

When I returned a few days later I had to bring all three girls with me. So, I thought, why not include the older two in a couple of shots while I was at it since I was getting some freebies anyway. I found some coordinating outfits for the girls and asked the lady at the studio if she could please take a few pics of all three. She was very accomodating and the girls did a nice job of cooperating so it didn't really take much longer than the session with just E. would've taken ordinarily.

Here are a few of my favorites from the session:

The one I have hanging on my living room wall.



That crooked little smile we see fairly often.



Pure baby joy!



My three girls!



I look at this last picture and am in awestruck by the realization that I am the mother of three kids! Three amazing, wonderful, bright, smiling, growing, changing, spirited and at times exasperating and difficult but oh-so-worth-it kids. When the heck did that happen? Wasn't I just in High School? College? Married? A kid myself? Geesh - someone slow this ride down a bit, will ya?

3 comments:

Karyn said...

You know...for a moment, depraved, horrible me thought this post was about your boobs. LOL.

Ok. Your girls are gorgeous - Mini Rick, Mini You, and Miss E who hasn't decided yet - but yes, careful mathematical analysis demonstrates there are indeed three of 'em.

Gee Jeanne. And you went to college and everything. ;)

Jeanne Tuthill said...

And ya know - when I first went to post it I used the title "Showing off my GIRLIES" and then said to myself... "geesh, that sounds like I'm showing off a boob job or something" so I changed it slightly. Apparently, my second attempt was no better than my first! LOL

Yeah, I went to college but math was never my strong point. That's why I never made it as a business major. I went for Linguistics instead! LOL

TuxBaby said...

You have THREE 'girls' too??? Yikes- better get that checked out (unless Rick likes that sort of thing).....

Your girls are so gorgeous! I love the happy-baby pic of E- where even her toes are laughing. I have one of my D doing that at 3 months and I love it!

I think R looks like Rick, and the litte 2 looks like you. A is definitely a mini-you but I think E will look more like you too- just maybe not quite as twin-like.

I know- I look at my R and I can't believe I have a kid who is as tall as my shoulder already!!! What happened to little guy I used to tease by resting my elbow on his head??! I asked him just now "when did you get so tall??" and he tells me "around 6 o'clock"... LOL!

~TuxB, who needs to stop using your comment spot as my own blogspot hehe