Thursday, January 11, 2007

Trying hard to be good.

This morning I was not able to walk with my neighbor from 6-7am because Rick had to be in work very early for a software upgrade. His alarm went off at 6am so I dragged myself out of bed when he got up to get dressed. It was going to be a busy morning because of the MLK, Jr. celebration at R's school but I knew the girls would be asleep until at least 7am so I was going to do my best to get a short workout in before they woke up. I got on some exercise togs, put a DVD in the system downstairs ("A Chorus Line" - told you I was a Broadway whore...) and walked for about 30 minutes on the treadmill while I watched the beginning of the movie. I find it really helps keep me going on the treadmill if I have something to listen to or watch. If I don't have something to keep my mind off the workout I tend to cop out a lot earlier because it's so damn boring! I also planned to do a couple of exercises right after getting off the treadmill but at that point the girls woke up and came looking for me. I will try to do those later today. My legs were so sore yesterday after my workout on Tuesday, but they are recovering. At least I know that I gave those muscles a good workout. More muscle means more fat-burning! Today I will try to focus on my upper body and give it a good workout - chest, back, shoulders, biceps, and triceps, and abs thrown in the mix as well.

Food choices have been mostly decent. A few cookies here and there that I certainly didn't need but I don't think it threw off my caloric intake too much (I hope). This morning I headed out the door with R and A (grandma stayed here with E) to attend the MLK, Jr. breakfast at school. Lots of home baked goodies there. Ugh. But, I tried to keep the eating to a minimum and ended up with a small muffin, half a donut, a couple of strawberries, and a clementine along with my cup of coffee from home. Not nearly as much as I would normally want to eat, so I felt like I showed a good deal of restraint. This afternoon A and I will go back to R's school for special school show in honor of Dr. King. Grandma is coming back over to watch E for me again because she is napping and will still be asleep by the time I have to leave to pick up A.

My stomach is demanding to be fed so I am going to go see what healthy things I can find to throw together for lunch.

Have a great day!

3 comments:

TuxBaby said...

Remember Baby Steps! No need to do everything in one day and die from being too sore! But I think you're doing great, and I can see your efforts. It'll all pay off... just keep it going, a little at a time! I'm cheering for you (as always- FFF!)

~TuxBaby, riding the X-wave, so far, so good!

Karyn said...

You rock, Jeanne, you skinny Broadway Whore, you. (Seriously. That made me laugh so hard I choked.) I wish I had a fraction of your discipline and control and sensibility. Ah well. Wishin' ain't gettin'.

Love you!

Jeanne Tuthill said...

Moi? Skinny? You are most certainly too kind...