Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Keep Moving!

That's my motto these days. I'm trying to find time to do something active every day. That, combined with paying attention to what goes into my mouth will hopefully start the downward trend that I'm looking for on the scale.

So far, so good. I had a few pounds that crept up over the holidays (on top of the few that crept up on me when I had my broken toe...on top of the numerous pounds that I've been trying to rid myself of since E's birth...on top of....well, you get the idea). Anyway, those holiday pounds are now gone once again and I'm back to where I started before the feasting began...which was still a good 30 pounds more than I should have on this 5' 4" frame. But, at least I've seen a small drop in the scale of late.

Today I wimped out on walking with Lauri (sorry, Lauri!) - I awoke to my alarm and to the sounds of the winds howling and I just could not bring myself to get out of bed and walk in what seemed like a cold morning made even colder by the windchill factor. Instead, I made a pact with myself to find a way to get on my treadmill at some point and just "get movin'!"

I dropped A off at school, made a quick run to Target for a few necessities and then headed home with E. We played for a bit, had a snack, and then headed back to pick up A from school. Once home, I made lunch and put E down for her afternoon nap. After a bit of time for digestion I suggested to A that we watch a movie together while I exercised. She was all for that - never one to give up the opportunity to watch a movie! We popped "Madeline" into the DVD player and she enjoyed watching while I sweated away on the treadmill and then did my lower body workout. The timing was perfect - I spent about 45 minutes on the treadmill (2.75 miles) and then did my exercises and the movie ended just a few minutes after I was done with everything.

Unfortunately, Rick has to be in work early tomorrow for a software upgrade that needs to be done "off-hours" so I won't get a chance to walk again with Lauri. However, I am hoping to make the time to get in some form of exercise. Dieting all by itself does nothing for me except make me feel deprived...and exercise is no good if I continue to eat with abandon. So, I'm going for the middle of the road with both - a little exercise here, a little calorie reduction there - and hoping it amounts to something worthwhile!

No comments: