Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Feeling a bit "off"

Not sure if something is brewing under the surface but today so far I've just felt a bit "off."

My throat feels funny - tight, but not painful - when I swallow. My stomach does an occasional flip making me feel uneasy. I feel light-headed as if I'm on the verge of a headache but thankfully it never seems to get worse. I just wish it would go away all together.

Perhaps I brought this on myself when I was walking with Lauri this morning and commented on how well we've made it through the "winter" so far (of course, the real winter seems to be hiding somewhere in TX this year, but that's beside the point). "We" being the me and the girls....Rick has had more than his fair share of illness this winter but finally seems to be on the mend.

So, I've just had a glass of water with an effervescent Airborne tablet droped into it. Hopefully, that will give my immune system a boost and keep the nasties at bay...one can hope.

I've also been drinking more water because I am wondering if I am suffering from some dehydration. It's possible. I don't drink nearly enough water on a good day and I've been keeping up with my daily workouts so I probably need even more water than the standard 8-glass-a-day recommendation.

There's enough going on this week between doctor's appointments, dentists appointments, and a theater production on Saturday that I really would like to stay well...please? I'm taking the girls (and my MIL) to a local community theater production of "Beauty and the Beast" on Saturday. I think the girls will really enjoy it. Grandma and I toook R to see "Oliver" when this same group staged it last year and she really enjoyed it. I suspected it would not be as appropriate for A and after seeing it, I think I was right to leave her home with Rick last year. This year's show is right up A's alley, though, and she 's a year older so I think she's ready.

It's time to head off to pick up A from preschool. E seems to be finding all kinds of "no-nos" in the playroom that she is presenting to me every few minutes as if to say "hey, I don't think you want me to have this...do you?" So, I'd better get a move on. If I can muster up the energy right now. I just want to lie down and take a nap.

But, sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do. Onward...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey,kiddo, I am feeling the exact same symptoms today. I also have a tighness in my chest and achiness through my shoulders. What is up with that??? I have had a sinus situation the past 4 or 5 days so it may be progressing to the point of getting something done about it. Hmmm...... I hope you feel better!
XO

Karyn said...

See...see...this is what good clean living gets you! Sorry. Ahem.

Poor girl. I wish I could help you! I will give my hearty endorsement of Zicam nasal swabs and or mist. Take it now before symptoms get worse and , assuming you don't have a bacterial infection, it WILL make a difference!

Hugs -

TuxBaby said...

I think all of you ladies are just pregnant.

***ducking and running***

~TuxBaby

Jeanne Tuthill said...

You have a sick sense of humor. Sick, I tell ya.

Oh, and by the way...

I'm rubber, you're glue, whatever you say bounces off me and sticks to YOU!

Heh.