Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Stats For The Day

E had her 15-month appointment at the doctor's office today. She is continuing to grow big (very big!) like her sisters. She was 23# 10 oz. (between 50th & 75th percentile) and she measured 32.75 inches long (above the 95th percentile) - another Amazon Princess in our midst.
She had to have two shots (double ouch!) and was not pleased with the shots or with the nurse and doctor poking and prodding her. Stranger anxiety was at an all-time high today.

This morning I got up at 6ish and walked for 30 minutes on the treadmill and did a bit of ab work. A woke up during my workout and joined me in watching part of "The Music Man" (my musical trend continues...) and just as I finished the walking and was starting the crunches R woke up and came downstairs as well and reported that E was awake and crying. So it was time to get lunches packed, breakfast made, and everyone dressed and ready for the day. A mother's work is never done.

Today finally feels more like January - my car thermometer showed a balmy 12 degrees this morning and I think we may have reached a high of 19 degrees by now. Nothing like going from 70 degrees to the teens in just a couple of weeks. Egads. I'm starting to wonder if the seasons are just backwards this year. We've had spring, next we will have winter of a sort and then we'll be thrown right into the scorching summer temps.

Time to get E down for her nap and then throw together something for lunch.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, so, as much as I want kids - plan to have them, even - I don't think I could do three. Two is what I'd like, though one would be fine if that's what happens. What I can't decide is if I'd rather the two be closer together or further apart, age-wise.

Did you get E the rabies shot? I hear that's an important one at that age.

Just muttering.

Karyn said...

Chris, you need a slap. LOL.

Jeanne... I am so impressed with your determination and sticktoitivity. How do you do it? If I go for a walk and get good and sweaty , or heaven forfend, do "ab work" as you call it, I fully expect that after my shower I will look like a million bucks. (I'm not stupid - I know it doesn't work like that but I feel like it ought to.) And when I don't, I drown my sorrows in chocolate syrup and pelt them with M&Ms.

How do you do it? I am so impressed by you.

Jeanne Tuthill said...

Chris - some days I ponder my sanity for having three kids, but then I hear their maniacal laughter and see their devilish grins and I know I am insane.

Karyn - thank you for that. I needed it. I have my moments of weakness and feelings of failure and times when I want to say 'screw it' because it feels like all the effort is doing NOTHING except make me cranky. I don't know what keeps me going other than sheer determination to get rid of this excess baggage once and for all! It's a matter of choices and I have to choose to try to be fit and healthy each and every day or it is not going to happen. I wish it would happen faster but like you've said before "wishin' ain't gettin'" so I just have to try and do the best I can with each day...