Saturday, January 13, 2007

No pain, no gain...

Ok, yeah, I'm reacquainting myself with the muscles in my upper body today. Every time I move it's "Ow - oh, hello, there Deltiod. Where have you been lately?" or "Hey! Oh, it's you - Sternocleidomastoid. I'd forgotten all about you! How's it hangin'?"

I can recall a time when I could get through the exercises without experiencing much in the way of pain. But, I'm so out of shape that right now they are kickin' my butt.

I did not manage to get on the treadmill today. But, after Rick left with R and A to go to the owl program at the library I tackled our bedroom which was a mess. I spent a good 45 minutes to an hour cleaning and vacuuming the room while E wandered around the room getting into trouble and needing to be shooed away from things every few minutes. I'd say I got a decent workout without stepping foot on the treadmill.

Tomorrow the girls and I will be at church in the morning. I am teaching the unit on "The Good Samaritan" over the next few weeks. I have the "arts/crafts" segment and we will be making quilt squares that will later be made into a quilt to present to a long-time church member who is moving to an assisted living facility. Should be a fun unit to teach. No plans as yet for the afternoon, but there is always some project or other around here so I'm sure I'll find something to keep me busy!

I just popped some ibuprofen for these sore muscles of mine. I hope they are no longer trying so desperately to communicate their displeasure in the morning. I think I'll go get in my jammies and read a bit before bed.

Nighty-night.

No comments: