Friday, June 22, 2007

Virginia or Bust!

Tomorrow morning - bright and early - we are getting into the car for our annual trek to Virginia to visit Rick's brother and his brother's son (who turned 4 yesterday, by the way!!!). We managed to make a relatively successful trip south last June which I chronicled on my old blog over on MSN. We are hoping for a trip that is at least as successful this year. Our plans are very similar to last year - we break up the driving into two days each way which helps with our sanity and gives the girls a chance to experience plenty of greasy fast food and a swim in the indoor hotel pools (a definite highlight of these treks if you were to ask the girls). We plan to hit a number of museums and science centers in the DC area as well as in Baltimore and Philadelphia. Good times...

I'm sure I will have plenty of stories and pictures to share once we get home but we will (cursedly) not have access to the internet much on the actual trip. We will almost certainly have access while in the hotels on the first and last nights but at my brother-in-law's house I think we will be lucky if we have a dial-up connection...and even that is iffy since he recently moved to his current house and I don't know if it has been high on his priority list to hook up his computer. Being the spoiled broadband user that I am I don't know if I will be able to cope with dial-up speed (or lack thereof).

So, wish us well as we embark on Virginia Adventure 2007. The car is almost completely packed, the DVD system is installed and the girls are getting annoying antsy in anticipation of our departure (A actually put her jammies on at about 4pm because she can't wait to go to bed so she can wake up tomorrow and GO!).

Pray that we make it home in one piece (and that goes for our sanity as well)!

2 comments:

Karyn said...

Wow - all y'all have got some nerves of steel.

Then again - if anybody can pull this off, it's you lot.

Have a blast!

snowelf said...

All together now: "I will survive---hey hey!!"

LOL
Have a wonderful trip and come home safe!

:)

--snow