Friday, September 01, 2006

Here Comes Trouble...

Ok, so it's not like I thought she was dumb or anything but I really didn't think that at 10 months of age she would figure out how to work the latch on the gate. Rick installed the gate to keep her out of the choking-hazard-ridden playroom, bathroom and big sisters' room! We tried to keep the latch somewhat simple so the older two could easily get through. Seems as though we need some modifications because the baby has watched repeatedly...and learned! The first two times she "escaped" I assumed that A had left the gate open on her way to the playroom - she is often guilty of that misdemeanor, but then I wondered if it was possible that Miss E had figured out the latch. I closed the gate and positioned her by the fridge and well....see for yourself. She is working hard to really earn her nickname of "Stinkeroo"!


If you are having trouble viewing this video you could try viewing it directly at YouTube.com by clicking here. Not sure it will work but it's worth a try for those who can't view it here and actually want to!

Update: Here is how Rick fixed our gate crasher's little wagon! At least until she is tall enough to lift the latch from the top! The tube keeps her from being able to push up on the bottom of the latch...

5 comments:

TuxBaby said...

Waaahh!! Not only do I have caveman internet, I think I must have a caveman PC too- because I can't see the video! Does it require flash or something? Anything? But I bet she's just adorable as an escape artist!

Maybe I just need to come VISIT YOU and see E for myself. ;-) ("road trip!!!!")

~TuxB

Anonymous said...

WHAT A LITTLE TURKEY!!! That is certainly impressive for a 10 month old!
I guess when they call babies little sponges as they absorb everything, they aren't kidding!!
Love
S&O

Karyn said...

Okay, just so you know, my two little darlings think this is THE highest form of entertainment on the web right now. We have watched your UTube clip about eleventy million times in the last 24 hours. She is too damn funny.

Jeanne Tuthill said...

S - Yeah, she's a turkey alright! I could not believe she figured it out so quickly. Rick put a temporary fix on it so she can't push up on the pin...we'll see how long it is before she grows tall enough (and smart enough) to pull it up from the top! Ack!

Karyn - glad the boys are so entertained! I am dangerous now that I know how to add a YouTube video. I could keep them entertained FOR HOURS with my kids' antics! LOL

TuxBaby said...

Hey cool- I can see the video now!! Not sure why it didn't work before the weekend, but it works okay now (and I didn't even load anything into my computer to get it to work- so who knows?!??). She's a stinker alright!! LOL!

~TuxB