Thursday, July 24, 2008

Two More Days Until Maine!

On Saturday we are driving to Boothbay Harbor for a week-long vacation. And it will be a real vacation. No cooking, cleaning, or other household duties! Our first honest-to-goodness vacation since 1999 - the year before Eldest girl was born.

We've talked to the girls about the kinds of things we can do at the resort and they are most excited by the idea of the heated salt-water pool and the kids' camp. I must say I'm looking forward to those things as well but I'm also excited by the thought of learning to sail on one of their boats (they have instructors who will go out with you, thankfully, otherwise I would not be so brave stupid to attempt sailing on my own) and having all my meals cooked for me - including a lobster bake or two.

And then there is the fact that I've never actually been to Maine before. I've lived in Massachusetts my whole life and have never had the opportunity (or made the opportunity) to drive up to Maine. I'm finally going to Maine and I can't wait!

Just two more days.

And lots of packing to do in the meantime.

No comments: