Thursday, July 17, 2008

Sleeping Beauty

I had wondered why Youngest girl was so unexcited by the park yesterday. But, she did seem to perk up a bit when we went to the pool yesterday afternoon. So, I figured she was probably just more excited by the idea of going to the pool and just biding her time until we got there.

She played hard for about an hour and a half in the pool and ate a ton of blueberries and raspberries and then we came home so we could get ready to go to the BBQ at the older girls' camp.

I went to take a shower and left her looking at books on the couch.

When I returned this is what I found:

IMG_5511

I think she is growing. Either that or Corduroy is a real snooze.

I find it so funny that she can fall asleep just about anywhere. In the last few months she's fallen asleep on the living room floor, the rocking chair, and the couch. And she is the only one of my three kids who has voluntarily gone to her room in the middle of the day, climbed into bed and fallen fast asleep. This one takes after me - she likes her sleep.

In fact, today she came with me to my dentist appointment (routine cleaning) and she was so freaked out when the dental hygienist put the mask over her face that she curled up on my lap so she wouldn't have to look at her and promptly fell asleep. She was much happier when she woke up and found that the 'scary monster' was gone and the nice looking hygienist was back.

Tonight we are heading off to camp again for another BBQ. Last night was a fun mixture of hot dogs, burgers, lemonade, energetic camp counselors, silly skits, campy songs, and a real campfire over which we burned roasted marshmallows for our s'mores. Tonight we go back for more of the same but this time it is for Eldest girl's group. Middle girl did a nice job playing the part of a counselor in her skit last night - it will be fun to see what Eldest girl's group has planned for us tonight. It is also up in the air whether Eldest girl will decide to partake in the sleepover option or not. She seems completely torn- afraid on the one hand but intrigued on the other - and I fear a meltdown when push comes to shove and she has to make that final decision. I am planning to bring her overnight necessities, just in case, but at this point if I were a betting mom I'd be betting that she'll be coming home tonight. Only time will tell...


No comments: