Friday, March 16, 2007

I am speechless...

I am utterly and completely speechless. OK, well maybe not speechless but completely astonished and feelin' the love this afternoon in a big way!

I was pulling into my driveway today after getting A from preschool and the mailman pulled up to the driveway and beeped to get my attention. I parked my car in the garage and walked down to meet him and he handed me a wad of catalogues, junk mail, bills and other unwanted crap destined for the recycle bin. Then he reached into his back seat and pulled out a sizable box and told me I'd received something from France.

"France?" I asked. "I don't know anyone from France..."

"Yes, see it's stamped on the front as being from Fra-jeel." he told me, and pointed to the red ink stamp marks on the top of the package.



Um. yeah. OK. A little bit of quirky postal humor, I guess. Whatever...

Moving right along.

So, as I carry the package back to the house I look at the return address and find out it is actually from none other than the fabulous Tuxbaby! She posted on her blog recently about mailing off some packages to some friends. Little did I realize (or even imagine!) that one of those packages was destined for my home -- and I even left her a comment to the effect of "hope your friends enjoy their surprises." Ha!

Well, I'm here to say that I am absolutely BLOWN AWAY by my surprise. I mean seriously. BLOWN. AWAY.

I have known Tuxbaby for going on 8 years now - since we were both pregnant with our February 2000 bundles of joy (first baby for me, second for her). Actually, now that I think of it I know I started posting on the board from the very first day it popped up on the iVillage website (we have since moved our party to a more private locale) but I don't really know for sure when Tuxbaby started posting. But, regardless, we've been friends for a very long time and she has been a wonderful online buddy in so many, many ways. She sent me a lovely note in the package and among other things she wrote that she feels like we've met even though we haven't. And it's so true. She also said that someday we must meet in person - also very true! I know it will happen someday. Preferably sooner rather than later...

Tuxbaby started out as a "mommy" friend and we shared the common bond of like-aged children going through similar stages of development. We rejoiced in their accomplishments and we vented at their ability to bring us to the brink of insanity on certain days. But, during this time she has become so much more to me. She has been there with advice, words of comfort and commiseration, and plenty of happy congrats - whatever I've been going through she's been on the other end listening, commenting and supporting me. And I hope I've been as good a friend when she's needed a sounding board, someone to cheer her on and congratulate her, or to provide support during those tough stretches. In addition, we were some of the original members of the FFF "sister" board, which stands for the Feb Flab Fighters -- a group that started when the moms of those February babies decided they needed to shed some of those unwanted pounds. That board has seen active times and been neglected in turn. But, Tuxbaby is always there when someone posts - to lend an ear and provide support and encouragement. She is a true inspiration with her own personal 'battle of the bulge' and she has turned her flab to FAB with some rather intense workouts as well as a complete overhaul of her nutrition and daily eating habits. She's now a powerhouse of fitness and energy and she's now got a cute Hiker-guy who shares her love of being fit...as well as her love of chocolate and ice cream! They make such a wonderful couple and I am thrilled that she has such a great guy in her life. :-)

Last but certainly not least, she is a very talented crafter and we've shared our love of so many different crafts - card-making and cross-stitch in particular! Which is what brings me to the amazing gift that appeared in the mail today. I was so touched and honored to have received this gift. Words cannot adequately convey just how special it is to me and how very much it is loved and appreciated. I know how much time and energy went into such a gift and I am so blessed to have someone out there who cares for me so much that she gave of herself and her time to produce this incredible work of art! I am truly overwhelmed by the spirit of love, generosity, and friendship that is in each and every little stitch.

OK, folks...the moment you've been waiting for (if you didn't already just scroll down to take a peek!) -- you just have to check this out. Is this not the most amazingly thoughtful and spectacular gift EVER?



Yes, that *is* in fact a cross-stitch masterpiece (as much as it might look like a photograph at first glance)!

Tuxbaby said it reminded her of me and how things might be with all my "girly-girls" here at home. I love it and it will certainly serve as a reminder, as the years pass, of my sweet little girls and their special bond, but it will also be a treasured keepsake of the bond that Tuxbaby and I have created and continue to develop through sharing so much of our lives with each other with each passing year.

You are a blessing to me, Tuxbaby! Someday I will be able to meet you in person and give you the HUGE HUGS that I would love to be giving you right now. But, until then, I just want to let you know that you are the best and I love you dearly! Thank you for being my friend and for this special gift! MWAH!

3 comments:

Karyn said...

Amazing and gorgeous - and that's just you. ;-)

What a great surprise.

I just love the internet, don't you?

TuxBaby said...

Hey Jeanne! You got it, Yay!!! And you LIKE it, double Yay! :-D

Everything you said, it is mutual. You've been there for me when things got rough (my divorce) and you're there when things are fun. And everything in between. :-) Yeah, the internet is amazing because if it weren't for the net, there'd be a BUNCH of cool people out there I wouldn't know!

I think I'd been posting on the Feb board since it first started, too. I knew I was pg right from the start, and looked for the board, since I knew of the way the internet site would create baby boards for each due-date month. I was on a board for R, but that group just didn't wrap around me the way the Feb group did, since R has disabilities and that made it hard to watch all their babies hit milestones when mine didn't. But I'm glad the Feb Moms are still going strong, and with our babies at SEVEN yrs now! Incredible!

Anyway- I'm thoroughly happy that you like the stitching. And if you remember anything from last year's blogging... it was THIS project that I had to start all over on, because the first one I had, had stitches crossing in different directions! Yikes! lol (do you remember that??) It was going to be a gift... so it had to be RIGHT. And so I'm glad it came through to make you smile. :-)

Love you much,
~TuxBaby

Jeanne Tuthill said...

YIKES! I *do* remember that project you had to start over...and why...and I believe we had some discussions about it (over email?). I think I even said something like "if it's going to someone who doesn't do cross-stitch and might not notice the difference I'd just keep on going, but otherwise I'd probably have to rip it out and start again." Man! Little did I know...and now I feel like I steered you in that 'frogging' direction because of my comment! ACK!

Anyway...it is just wonderful and I truly, TRULY appreciate and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it. It is amazing...and so are you!

And I am still in absoulte awe...I have to show it off to everyone who walks in the door and they all think it is so very, very cool! Especially when I tell them the story of 'my friend in TX who I hope to meet someday'! :-)

(((((HUGS))))) and love!
Jeanne