Friday, March 30, 2007

Another meme...

This one comes via Karyn of Vexed fame.

Here's what you do:


1. Go to wikipedia and type in your Birthday Month and day only.

Ok, done. August 28th has been entered.

2. List 3 Events that occurred that day.

1565 - St. Augustine, Florida, established. It is the oldest surviving European settlement in the United States.

1943 - In Denmark, a general strike against the Nazi occupation is started.

(you know I had to throw that in with it's reference to my dear beloved Denmark)

1963 - During a 200,000-person civil rights rally in at the Lincoln Memorial in Washington, D.C., Martin Luther King, Jr. gives his famous I have a dream speech.


(I actually did not know that that speech was given on that date!)


3. List 2 important Birth days.


1908 - Roger Tory Peterson, American ornithologist (d. 1996)

1925 - Donald O'Connor, American singer, dancer, and actor (d. 2003)

...and quite a few others I recognize as well!

4. List 1 Death.

1976 - Anissa Jones, American actress (b. 1958)

Oh crap - I never knew that "Buffy" died on my 6th birthday!

5. List a Holiday or Observance.

Many Christian churches: feast day of Saint Augustine of Hippo.

(Who? I guess I need to go click on that link...)

6. Tag 5 other bloggers.

If you are reading this and have a blog consider yourself tagged. I don't get enough traffic around here to name enough people who might happen to find me and realize they've been tagged.

So there you have it! The date of my birth in all it's glory. Now go mark your calendar!

No comments: