Sunday, December 24, 2006

Ok, so I'll be up early no matter what....

I will probably be up before the girls this year -- at least I hope so. They have strict instructions to check in with us before they go looking for the loot because we don't want to be up with them at 4:30 to start the present frenzy.

But, it turns out that I need to get that 13# turkey in the oven by about 6:00am so I'll be up at 5:30...and I'm just PRAYING that the dang thing is thawed by then!!! I bought it on Friday morning and everything I've read says it should take 2-3 days to thaw. Well, by tomorrow morning it will be day 3 and right now it's still pretty hard and icy. Ack. I read that I can try to thaw it in cold water changed every 30 minutes but then you have to immediately put it in the oven. So, if I wake up and it's still icy and feeling mostly frozen I'll be doing the cold soak with fresh water every 30 minutes and hope that it thaws well enough by about 7 to start cooking it! Argh.... Lunch will be an hour late but it could be worse, I suppose.

Ok, off to bed. The loot is in place and I need to get some sleep in before my alarm wakes me up waaaaay too early.

Merry Christmas Eve!

No comments: