Friday, December 15, 2006

Mmmmmm...

Ok, so the journey out of the Elastic Waistland has been put on hold. It is Christmastime, after all. There are far too many baking projects to attend to (in the act of both baking and eating). This morning's project was to bake and assemble cookie packages to deliver to the neighbors on our cul-de-sac. It's something I've done every year that we've lived in this house and it's a tradition I look forward to each year. I bake a different cookie each year (at least that's been the case thus far - there may be repeats in future years). This year I pulled out my Pizzelle Iron (pic for those who are wondering what I'm talking about) - essentially a waffle iron that produces very thin delicate italian cookies that are traditionally anise flavored but other flavors can be substituted - and decided that this year's cookie would be Pizzelles. I made two batches - one anise flavored and one chocolate (a new recipe for me this year!). The cookies are now packaged and ready for delivery this afternoon. And they came out rather yummy if I do say so myself.

Don't you wish you lived on my cul-de-sac? ;-)

3 comments:

Karyn said...

More all the time!

Fancy pants... hey, we made those snowflakes too! :) Great minds and all that...

TuxBaby said...

Oh gorgeous cookies!! They look yummy, too!

Yeah, too bad I don't live in your cul-de-sac! (Or as D calls it: "a pocket")

~TuxBaby

thenest said...

I do live in the cul de sac and they were delicious! I don't think they made it to dinnertime at this house. Thanks, Jeanne! XO