Saturday, April 12, 2008

April 12 of 12

The usual props go out to Chad Darnell for his nifty idea. Check his site for an explanation and to see the list of more bloggers who have done "12 of 12" this month (and many previous months!).


IMG_4763
9:24am - at home
My new phone! I wanted to be sure that I remembered to do my '12 of 12' this month so I set a reminder on my phone and there is my new phone being all shiny and helpful.


IMG_4751
10:30am - at home
Making the morning pot of tea. Believe it or not it's a tea called 'java' - click here and search for java if you don't believe me. (You could also click there if you want to be a tea snob like us and order some awesome loose-leaf tea).

IMG_4754
10:34am - at home
Here's A fresh from her tub and looking all shiny and happy - and about to get attacked by the monster claw hand. The hand brings back memories of The Addams Family...

They’re creepy and they're kooky,
Mysterious and spooky,
They’re all together ooky,
The Addams Family.


...but I digress (and I apologize if you now have that song stuck in your head).

IMG_4758
10:35am - at home
My current read. This was a book I bought for R for her birthday and it looked fun so I decided to read it once she was done with it.

IMG_4764
12:47am - backyard
Our fledgling planties in the cold frame garden that Rick built. Among the plants growing there right now are lettuce, spinach, carrots, onions, and tomatoes! It's so nice to be able to get started early in the season - but we have to be vigilant about opening the frame in the mornings after the temperature rises and closing it back up at night otherwise they will either fry or freeze!

IMG_4765
1:16pm - regional middle school parking lot
R had a birthday party to go to today at the middle school pool. I had just dropped her off and even though it wasn't my birthday I received the delightful gift of one and a half hours of freedom!

IMG_4766
2:13am - downtown
The view from my park bench where I was enjoying a little treat from the bakery and an iced coffee while reading my book on an unseasonably warm day (although at this point a few clouds were moving in and there was a slight nip in the air). The large building on the left is Town Hall.

IMG_4776

3:30pm - front yard
A crocus growing in our front garden. The sun is back out. It's a gorgeous day - too nice to be spent indoors. For a while it felt like spring would never come but it finally decided to grace us with it's warmth and beauty. Ahhhhh......

IMG_4771
3:34pm - backyard (again)
Rick was busy resetting a stone wall that wasn't quite level. E was enjoying the weather and wandering around the backyard in her new rain boots (guess she didn't get the memo on the beautiful weather) - which were on the wrong feet. She didn't seem to notice or mind.


IMG_4781
3:39pm - backyard...still
R saw that I was taking pictures and decided to run in and get her camera. She has quite the eye for artistic photography. I haven't downloaded her pictures onto the computer yet but I'm quite often amazed by what she sees and decides to photograph.

IMG_4787
3:55pm - backyard
R was trying to take a picture of her own eye and that seemed like a worthy challenge so I decided to try it myself. It's really not easy. And when did I get that hideous crease on the bridge of my nose? Seriously. Botox, anyone?

IMG_4803
9:45pm - at home
Rick and I ended the day with a game of Scrabble (And some decaf tea...can't forget the evening tea. This time it was Decaf English Breakfast. We may be snobs about our loose leaf tea, but we don't discriminate when it comes to 'breakfast' teas which we obviously think can be enjoyed at any time of day). I forget the exact final scores but it was a close game with less than a 20 point spread and both scores were over 300.

Hope you enjoyed the April 12 of 12! I'm so glad I remembered again this month!

7 comments:

Lisa B said...

Looks like a great day, lovely photos.

TuxBaby said...

Great photos!!

So just WHAT was that hand reaching for A's head?? It's creepy like all get-out!!! Yikes!

~TuxB

Jeanne Tuthill said...

Hahaha! That is Rick's hand!

TuxBaby said...

Dang, Rick knows how to do one creepy looking claw!!! Yikes!

Nice new look, BTW!

~TuxB

Dogeared said...

It is hard to do a self portrait of your eye, I know - I've tried!

Nice photos, and I hope the plants turn out OK!

(I'm late to commenting as I was away until the 14th, which is why my 12's up late!)

Helen (Dogeared)
http://dogearedphotos.blogspot.com

Scooter said...

What a fun spring day!!

snowelf said...

Ah! Very cool! I think it's awesome that you and Rick play scrabble together. :) And what a wonderful day for 12 of 12!
I adore that blue tile on your backsplash. Can we still be friends even if I don't like tea very much? I could drink my weight in iced coffee.;)

--snow