Saturday, September 13, 2008

September 12 of 12

12 of 12 time again, folks! For the uninitiated, check out the details with Chad. Basically, it's 12 pictures taken on the 12th day of each month. Check out Chad's blog for links to others' 12 of 12 entries - its a fun, cheap way to take a trip around the world!

12 of 12
September 2008

Home
o'dark hundred (nearly)
Up early this morning to get in my morning walk with Lauri


P9120008

7:00am
Arrived home to find all three kiddos up for the day.
P9120011


7:15am
Cup of caffiene compliments of two birthday gifts. The girls gave me the french press and my awesome friend Tux sent me the huge mug. I'm a Speech-Language Pathologist - aka SLP - and the mug says "SLP - We have ways of making you talk!" LOL
P9120014

7:35
Lunch prep for my two grade-schoolers - Eldest girl's lunch is on the right, middle girl's on the left.
P9120012

8:30am
Showing off my new camera. This month I am taking my 12 of 12 pics with my brand spanking new camera (another awesome birthday gift! Thank you, Rick!) and since it can't easily take a picture of itself I opted to take a picture of the website showing the model I got. Mine is silver.
P9120015

Stop & Shop Plaza
10:40am
Youngest girl went on errands with me this morning. Stop & Shop for groceries and the Dollar Store for goody bag items for Middle girl's birthday party.
P9120018

A 'tea and eatery' place
12:45pm
I dropped Youngest girl off with my mother-in-law and joined a friend for a belated birthday lunch. This was the dessert we shared.
P9120019

The Common
2:00pm
'Trash to Treasures' sale on the Common. Every year there is a used furniture sale to benefit the local survival center here in town. Since we live an area flush with college-aged kids it's held at the start of the fall semester and there are lots of cast-off plaid couches to be had!
P9120020

Home again
4:45pm
Looking at the front hall closet with Rick and taking some measurements. We want to install some shelves on one side where the girls backpacks can be stored when they get home from school.
P9120021

6:15pm
Dinner has been eaten and enjoyed. Rick is putting away the leftovers. Bowtie pasta, chicken and broccoli with a cheese sauce on the side (since a certain 5 year old prefers to eat her food unadorned).
P9120028

8:20pm
Kids are in bed and now it's time for some knitting and a movie.
P9120032

10:05pm
Movie has ended and I managed to finish my second sock!
P9120038


Bonus picture with a bonus question: What movie did we watch last night?
P9120030



5 comments:

Hibe said...

"The Terminator" is my guess... what do I win?

Love the socks, french press and the mug. You gotta love the new camera. The image stabilization is a great feature. It will let you take better pictures, especially in low light because it will negate the blur caused by camera shake due to the shutter being open longer.

elastic waistland said...

You got it, hibe!!! You win a big virtual pat on the back! ;-) We heard that Terminator 4 is coming out in the spring so we decided to go back and watch the others.

Dogeared said...

Yay for new cameras! And another person eating a yummy dessert for their 12 of 12, making me drool!

Helen (12er)

Lisa said...

What kind of camera is it? Why did you switch, what did you do with your old one?
Soooo many questions! LOL
Love the pic of the girls in the morning.

Lisa

elastic waistland said...

I replaced my small Canon S410 with the Olympus 1010. I still use the Canon S3 but it is too big to just throw in my bag and go. So, I found the Olympus with the 7x optical zoom and asked Rick to get it for my birthday. :-) The Canon S410 will become Rick's work camera.