Tuesday, July 03, 2007

CNN is falling down on the job

Hell must have frozen over but the story did not make the front page on the CNN website. In fact, I can't find reference to it anywhere on CNN or elsewhere.

But, it must be true.

Why, you ask?

Because ALL three girls slept in past 8:00 this morning!

I got back from my walk this morning and all was quiet. Rick headed off to work and I sat at the computer with my breakfast (farm fresh strawberries and whole wheat English muffin with Laughing Cow cheese spread...yum) and ate a peaceful meal while surfing my favorite news sites and blogs. Then, to add to the tranquility of the morning, I showered without interruption or the background cacophony of screeching, screaming, fussing and crying.

It was a little slice of heaven this morning.

The girls are now awake and I'm enjoying a cup of coffee...dare I hope to actually finish it before it is stone cold? Now that would just be the cherry on top!

4 comments:

Juggling Frogs said...

Enjoy!

Is it just me, or do you also hear 'phantom' kid voices when showering? Even when all the kids are out of the house, I still hear "Mooooommmmy" a few times when I shower.

Have a great day, and enjoy your scoop on CNN!

Sara said...

Wow, Mrs.T...this is certainly a rare phenom. I wonder if TMZ has picked up the story yet?
Glad you had a peaceful start to the day! Mine started not so quietly at 5am...ugh.
Love
S&O

snowelf said...

I cannot tell you when the last time my son slept past 7 o clock was...
It's waaaay back in my blog, but I also have a post like this where I first refer to my son as "Woobie The Rooster." I hope you soaked up every silent minute of bliss. I LOVE quiet mornings...if I could have quiet mornings, I'd never have to bother with staying up late for some peace and quiet! ;)

Come on teenage years!
lol!!

--snow

Jeanne Tuthill said...

Juggling Frogs -- (still loving the image I get reading that name! LOL)
Nope - I don't hear phantom kids voices in the shower, but I did hear them last night when Rick and I were watching a movie and the kids were all asleep!

S&O - It's years of those early 5am starts that makes me fully appreciate the fact that they slept in for once!! LOL

Snow - R was, for many years our very own "Rooster" but now that she is 7 she wakes at the more civil hour of 6:30 most mornings. I, too, can't wait to exact revenge on their teenaged behinds when I start waking THEM up in the morning (insert evil laugh)!