Thursday, April 05, 2007

Enough is Enough!

I'm about ready to send Mother Nature a nasty-gram.

I woke up to a blanket of white shit all over the trees and lawn this morning. It's actually one of those snows that, when received in November you might exclaim "Oh! It snowed overnight! How pretty!" And you start looking forward to mugs of hot cocoa after an afternoon of sledding or making a colossal snowman in the middle of the backyard.

But, when such a snow arrives stealthily whilst one slumbers in the beginning of April... well, it just makes you wake up and cuss at the sight of it and you spend those first moments of trying to wake up in a completely foul mood. Eventually, if you are at all like me, you do get over it and you move on with the Pollyanna-ish hope that the snow will be gone by the end of the day and life can get back to it's regularly scheduled springtime hue. Pretty please.

And this morning to add to my misery I continue to fight a nasty upper respiratory something. Ever since I gave birth to R I seem to have developed the knack for the "springtime cold." In other words, every year for the last 6 years I've developed the same nasty symptoms sometime in mid-late March or early April. It starts to make a girl wonder if it's merely coincidental or if it's an allergy to something that blooms at the onset of spring. I have a stuffy nose, a scratchy throat, and sinus pressure. No fever, no aches, no chills, no headache, and not even particularly tired. Just feeling stuffed up and pretty miserable since I am not a happy camper when I am forced into being a mouth breather. When I Google allergy vs. cold I seem to come up with the conclusion that I indeed am allergic to something. Not sure what, but the pollen indexes point to elm, maple, or poplar/aspen/cottonwood. Of course, it could be a cold and perhaps I'm suseptible to the change of season from winter to spring, but it does seem a bit odd that I am usually well all winter long and then the nice spring weather hits and I'm down for the count for a number of days. It makes me hate spring just a little bit.

However, I'm still not happy about the white shit out there today.

2 comments:

TuxBaby said...

I hear ya! We actually had a day of 80's last week, sandwiched in the middle of some great 60's and 70's... and then this weekend, when many kids & families have plans to go do Easter egg hunts and sunrise services and things- we are expecting a high in the low 30's and 20's for the whole weekend, with snow and/or ice!!!! Crazy.

~TuxBaby

Karyn said...

Not Happy? Shit? Hate?

Who are you and what the hell did you do with Jeanne?!

LOL - Big Hugs