Tuesday, August 12, 2008

12 of 12 - August 2008

It's time for some 12 of 12 fun again!

I assume you know what I'm talking about (if you don't - click here for more info from dear Chad).

This month we are fortunate to have some visiting family who are making a cameo in this month's 12 of 12. Rick's brother and nephew are visiting here from Virginia. Since it was expected to be a rather drizzly gray day we decided to take the kids to a local science museum. So, most of today's photos are from there.

Home
My morning joe in my Curtains mug. The little white things on the counter behind the mug right next to the sink are two ant baits. We are having significant ant issues this year and they are driving me batty!

DSCN1356

My current obssession read. Great book - hard to put down. I'm less than 100 pages from finishing this 1000ish page tome.

DSCN1359

Springfield Science Museum
10:30
am
My three girls and their cousin in front of the huge dino that greets us near the front entrance.
DSCN1361

A huge and beautiful Josh Simpson blown glass planet. I have a small one of these that a former boss gave me when I was leaving my job to start graduate school. This one is much bigger! I think mine could be compared to a golf ball and this one is more like a beach ball. They are so amazing - this picture does not do it justice.
DSCN1372

The kids putting coins in the big black hole/vortex thing. (Middle girl is not actually picking her nose...).
DSCN1375

Grandma was with us on this outing. Here she and Middle Girl are examining part of the dinosaur egg exhibit that was currently on display.
DSCN1377

Uncle W, cousin T, Middle girl and Youngest girl checking out the "shake table" that was part of the earthquake exhibit.
DSCN1385

Resident Rock Collector (Eldest girl) next to a large amethyst geode. She has had a particular affection for amethyst since finding out it is her birthstone.
DSCN1390

A replica wigwam is a great pace for goofing off.
DSCN1405

Teapot restaurant - Northampton
The museum was fun but it was time for some food. We went to a great little Japanese/Chinese restaurant where Eldest girl thoroughly enjoyed a plate of beef lo mein.
DSCN1411

Youngest girl enjoyed a bit of this and a bit of that (mostly rice, dumplings and scallion pancakes). I'm most including this picture to show her boo-boo chin from Sundays stitches incident (per Tuxbaby's request). It's not much to see because I'm keeping it well protected with a bandage. She's healing quite nicely and by the end of the week they will take out the stitches.
DSCN1413

Home again
I'm taking the girls to visit my parents for a few days this week. We are hoping for some good beach weather so we can get one last beach fling in before the weather turns. So, this evening aside from doing my 12 of 12 job I'm also packing up so we can hit the road bright and early tomorrow!
DSCN1415

5 comments:

Joni said...

Nice 12 of 12. Looks like you guys had fun.

Lisa said...

Yea...you're coming down!
Can you stop through here on the way so you can see puppies??

When do stitches come out?

Pete Cullen said...

Glad to see you had a fun day with the family :)

Lisa B said...

Yes I read that Ken Follett too and couldn't put it down! Looks like a great day out :0).

snowelf said...

Oh yea. Guess who completely forgot about 12 of 12 this month. Oh yea. That would be moi.

Great pics--and what a fun day for your 12 of 12! I was also having that ant problem, but apparently it either got too cold here again, or I got them all. (I suspect the former)
I used the Terro liquid ant baits and they worked great. I've never seen ants swarm the way they did to those things.

I am also so proud of youngest! Wow! She is awesome!! :)

--snow