Friday, June 13, 2008

I remembered!

I managed to remember to do the 12 of 12 this month! For those who don't know what 12 of 12 is go check out Chad's site to learn more. And maybe some month you can join in and do your own 12 of 12 post!

Jeanne's June 12 of 12!

Home - 7:44am
Getting my morning cup of cheer! The weather has been seriously summer-like
so I've switched to drinking my caffeine over ice.

IMG_5083

Home - 8:01am
R has a loose tooth and shows me how it wiggles.
IMG_5089

Home - 8:05am
Morning prep. Rick applying sunscreen on A for her last day of preschool (like, ever. OMG. I seriously had tears on Wednesday during my last chance to drop her off at school this year)
IMG_5090

Home - 8:06am
Loose tooth falls out! R holding her tooth to show me! Last tooth she lost got swallowed! This one went directly into her tooth fairy pillow in the hopes of some coins in return. Actually, she left a note last time and the tooth fairy gave her some money and left her a note in return.
IMG_5091

Driving to work - 8:18am
Today was a work day. Farms are a common sight on my way to work.
IMG_5094

Driving to work - 8:18am
And so is this mountain range. I have a goal to hike from one end of the range to the other before I hit 40! It's a 7-mile hike with lots of ups as well as downs.
IMG_5095

Driving to work - 8:26am
This bridge used to be a huge source of congestion, especially during rush hour commutes. They recently completed a road and bridge widening project which allows for a better flow. Before the construction project I would not have considered working on the town on the "other side" but now I rarely see any traffic congestion along this route. The construction project took for-EVER but it was worth it.
IMG_5097

Work - 8:34am
I can say much for the looks of the building. But the team of women I work with are beautiful inside and out. I love being back to work and I'm learning new stuff all the time. Great fun!
IMG_5098

Due to confidentiality issues (and the fact that I'm not sure I want to out myself at work as a "blogger") I did not take any pictures at work today. It was a busy evaluation day and we were all quite ready to go out after work for drinks to celebrate our friend D's birthday! I didn't take pictures of that either but suffice it to say that we want to go out together again soon!

When I got home Rick was reading bedtime stories. I helped get the girls into bed and then Rick went to work on replacing the engine on his lawn tractor - the old engine (which was a rebuilt one purchased on eBay) blew a rod straight through the thick metal side of the engine. Quite impressive.


Home - 8:19pm

Rick working on said tractor.
IMG_5100

Home - 8:20pm
Realizing that I still needed a few more photos for my 12 of 12 I went outside and took some pictures of our gardens.
Happy tomato plants back right, lettuce in front right, and carrots and onions on the left.
IMG_5099

More gardens in our new L-shaped raised beds that Rick built last year (he actually built the wall and the adjacent patio from scratch - the blocks are all handmade from a concrete mixture of some sort which he then used to build the wall and lay the patio). We have peas, beans, squash, peppers, cherry tomatoes, and cukes in this garden area. Most are still very small at this point. The stairs in this photo lead to our bedroom and are a fairly new addition as well. We had temporary stairs there for a long time (too embarrassing to actually admit just how long) and now we have nice new stairs thanks once again to my talented husband.
IMG_5107

Home - 9:07pm
My current read. I did something I actually don't like doing - I watched the movie before reading the book. But, so far I feel like the movie didn't stray too far from the book. A nice surprise. Of course, I haven't made it too far into the book yet so more will be revealed and we'll see how much they actually changed (or didn't!).
IMG_5104


That's all, folks!


4 comments:

Sheri Ann said...

Congrats on the loose tooth! I did a school assembly a couple of days ago, and one little girl had her tooth fall out right after she got back to her classroom. She was thrilled. I took a photo with her and then safely returned the tooth to the baggie her teacher placed it in until she could safely get it home!

Sheri
author, You Think It's Easy Being the Tooth Fairy? 12,000 copies sold since August 2007!!

www.4kids.Bell-Rehwoldt.com
www.Bell-Rehwoldt.com

Susan said...

kudos on the tooth! my ds didn't lose his first one until the end of 1st grade!! and OMG.....if you cried today just wait until the first day of kindergarten. I still tear up just thinking about it!

Dogeared said...

Well done on all the vegetable growing! I'd love to grow some - I didn't get to buy the equipment, seeds and stuff this year, but I'll make sure I do next year!

And yay for the tooth fairy visiting!

Helen (12er)

snowelf said...

Aww! That's so cute about A's last day of preschool!
Hope the tooth fairy visit went well!! :)

Glad you remembered!! ;)

--snow