Tuesday, November 13, 2007

November 12 of 12

My first 12 of 12! You might be asking "What is that?"

Good question!

Well, I'm no expert on the matter but I do know that 12 of 12 is the brainchild of Chad Darnell. Basically you take 12 pictures (and a bonus 13th, if you so choose) on the 12th of each month and then post them on your blog. Check it out here.


Jeanne's First "12 of 12"

8:04 am
My latest knitting project. Socks for R - one is completed this is sock #2. I had a few moments of quiet time and decided to knit a few rounds.

IMG_3425

8:16 am
Rick made a pot of tea and delivered this cup to me while I was on the couch knitting.
He's my sweetie and he treats me right. :-)

IMG_3429

11:05 am
I got a ton of vacuuming done with the help of my little shadow E (seen in the picture supervising to be sure I had done a good enough job behind the couch).

IMG_3430

1:19 pm
Bags are packed and ready to go to the Y! The plan? Leave early enough so I could do a workout before I had to get the girls to their 4:15 swim class.

IMG_3433

1:20pm
Just after dropping the bags by the back door I went to check on the two older girls and found them happily making a mess in their room.

IMG_3434

2:11 pm
Obsessing on Catching up on Grey's Anatomy (Season 2: Disc 3) before we had to leave for the Y. I had never seen the show and decided to tune in a few weeks ago when I found the recent episodes online. I enjoyed it so much that I ended up renting the first...then the second...season from Netflix and it has become a very baaaaad habit. Help!

IMG_3440

5:36 pm
A and E being big helpers and setting the table for dinner. Yeah, OK...A was being helpful and E was just climbing into her chair demanding to be pushed in and banging on the table with her silverware and insisting on having her dinner NOW!

IMG_3441

5:37pm
Checking on the dinner Rick was making. It was a very thick, hot, yummy chicken stew which we ate with crusty bread. Sooooo good. And made even better by the mere fact that I didn't have to cook!

IMG_3444

5:41 pm
Laundry time! I went downstairs to pull this laundry out of the dryer (and put it elsewhere to be folded later) so I could put the wet clothes in the dryer and start a new load in the washer. Laundry - the chore that keeps on giving.

IMG_3447

5:44 pm
Visiting Iris and Sadie. While I was downstairs checking on laundry and figured I'd see how the girls were doing. They were eager for treats and crowded near the door hoping I'd throw them a few cheerios or maybe a piece of apple. How could I say no to those cute little faces? Sadie is the all white one and Iris is the black and white one.

IMG_3451

9:44 pm
I found a few moments to work on the sock here and there throughout the day. Socks are very satisfying projects because just a short amount of time and you can make significant progress!
See?

IMG_3455

9:50 pm
In the bathroom getting ready for bed. Notice the desperate need for a haircut. I'm going to take care of that tomorrow. Seriously.

IMG_3457


Bonus Photo: Grateful for my man. He loves me unconditionally and he is truly my soul mate. I love him more than words can say.

IMG_3465a

4 comments:

TuxBaby said...

Congratulations on surviving your first 12 of 12! lol

I always love your pics- and now I got a stack of them! Yay! The stew looks yummy. And I love the cute one of the 2 of you guys at the end. :-)

~TuxB

snowelf said...

Geez, sorry it took so long to get over here! And I agree with Tux--the one at the end is just too cute!!!

The first two seasons of Grey's are AWESOME!!

Happy 1st 12 of 12!! :)

--snow

Dogeared said...

Yay for joining 12 of 12! Welcome!

And ooh, I do love a good stew, and even better with thick, crusty bread!

Helen (12 of 12er), Devon

Lisa said...

Oh yea! Another Grey's fan!! I LOVE Grey's. I did the same..never watched it the first or 2nd season...then one weekend, I spent the time..all of...watching the 1st and 2nd season and crying my eyes out! LOL!
Now I record it and watch it on the weekend when I have time and the strength to wrestle the controller from the kids!