Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Don't Say I Didn't Warn You...

My new camera arrived via UPS yesterday afternoon. We were standing in the neighbors yard chatting away and I saw the Big Brown Cow come driving down the road. I ran to meet the driver so he wouldn't have to leave his truck and he laughed and asked if I guessed he was here for us (we get a fair number of UPS packages...) or if I was expecting something. I told him with glee that I was expecting my new camera and then he understood my excitement but still had to laugh at me.
I've been playing around with it since last night and I have a lot to learn but it's fun to check out some of the various built-in features and modes. One of the first things I tried out was the color accent mode:







I need to play around with it some more to get a better feel for how to quickly set the color of choice.

I also just played around with basic settings to see how things worked and it was nice to know that there were some similarities to the buttons/features that I have on my old Canon.

Here's a picture of A today at lunchtime - I used the "portrait" mode although I don't really see a difference between regular settings and portrait mode. I've noticed that in some instances red-eye is very much reduced but there is some red eye that occurred in this shot...


Last night R lost another tooth (number 6!) and of course I had to record it for posterity on my new camera! Love that gappy grin!



And lastly, I was taking a few pictures during story time last night before bed. This is a pretty typical scene right now...E wants to be in on the action so as soon as she hears the story get started she plows right in and climbs onto the lap of whoever is reading with no regard whatsoever to anyone who gets in her way.



More pictures to come. I'm off to play with my new toy some more!

3 comments:

Sara said...

Ohhh!!! New toys are so much fun!! Congrats on the camera and can't wait to see more pics!!
Love
S&O

Karyn said...

Nice pics! Can't get over how big E. is... or how gorgeous A. is... or how freaking GROWN UP R. is!

xxxxoooo

snowelf said...

awww! So awesome!!

I really need to get over here more!

:)
--snow